Even if a good antivirus is installed on your PC, it can not always protect you from the actions of spyware scripts. In this article, we present to your attention the best free programs in the series of anti-spyware software.
The problem of spyware software?
Spyware is a very common phenomenon on the Internet today. Programs of this kind allow you to monitor all user actions on the computer. Keyloggers are the most popular type of spyware. They allow you to record the pressing of all keys, as well as fix the window where the characters were entered. That is, the attacker will have everything he needs – a username, password, and the title of the window in the browser, which will give him information about which account this data is from. However, many other data can also be monitored: running programs, visited sites, open documents, and even the screen image.
Spyware does not belong to viruses, as it does not harm your computer and can even be used for humane purposes (for example, to control children or employees in the office). However, many antiviruses swear at them very actively, and most likely, if you install or change antivirus, the spyware will be detected. The new antivirus will simply report that there are tracking attempts. Spyware can also be found using antivirus scanners.
Anti-spyware: how does it work?
Anti-spyware helps you get rid of spyware in your operating system. These types of applications track the readings of users of infected computers and send personal information about us to their creator. Spyware can, for example, collect logins and passwords for websites, private files, and even record camera images. The anti-spyware programs in this section will keep you safe from malware.
Such kinds of programs are aimed to defend your computer from pop-ups, performance degradation, and security threats from spyware and other unwanted software. To protect against new types of spyware, you need to keep your anti-spyware up to date. It also provides constant protection by alerting the user if spyware modules attempt to load into computer memory or install into the system.
In the search for spyware and other dangerous files, programs can scan the entire computer at once, only a specific partition of the hard disk or a single selected directory. Infected quarantined files can be cured, if this process is successful, the corrected file can be safely returned. There is a possibility to scan the system automatically, on schedule. In short, each antispyware program has its capabilities – some are not allowed, others are treated, others are scanned.
The best alternatives of anti-spyware software
Using more than one antispyware for real-time protection can cause conflicts and overuse of system resources.
The best free antispyware options are:
- SuperAntiSpyware – scans the system for spyware and other malware. One of the most effective solutions that eliminates also Trojans and worms.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti – Malware is free software for finding and removing malware. The application instantly scans and protects the system from malware, and also has additional features to protect your web browser Emsisoft A-squared Free is an anti-virus and anti-spyware program for detecting and destroying malware.
- Spyware Terminator is a leader among programs for protection against spyware, trojans, adware, and spyware removal.
- Avira Free antivirus ensures strong protection against various types of computer viruses and threats.
- Windows Defender is a program for removing, isolating, and preventing viruses.
- Microsoft Security Essentials is a free download that helps protect your computer from spyware and other types of malware.