Avast is an anti-malware software keeps your personal or business data, files and identity safe and sound from malware and virus. It also keeps your device safe from hackers. Avast also prevents identity theft through its anti-spyware security system. It keeps your network and link sharing system safe and extra secure. Installing Avast to your computer is kinds of easy using the Avast Installer but the user of Avast sometimes fall in trouble in uninstalling the software and sometimes totally fails to do it. We have discussed here the full process of installing the Avast anti-virus and how to turn it off and uninstall it from your PC.
How to install Avast Anti-Virus?
Installing Avast isn’t that much complicated. You can easily install your Avast Anti-Virus software to your PC through some clicks with the Avast Installer. Follow the article and you will see the process.
- Download Avast Installer from the official website: First download the setup file from Avast official antivirus website. The site will detect your operating system automatically and start downloading the setup file.
- Run the Installer File: Click on the downloaded installer file and run it. You will find two option, one is installed and another one is customized. Click on the Install Avast Security.
- Wait for full download: It will take a bit time for downloading the full application. You need to wait a bit for that.
- Open Avast: After installation is completed the status bar will open and as Green Tick icon will appear saying you are protected.
- Run Quick Scan: Now Run a Quick Scan to your computer and check for viruses on it.
How to Uninstall the Avast Antivirus?
There is two way you can uninstall your Avast antivirus. Avast Setup Wizard is one method another is Avast Uninstall Utility. Avast Uninstall Utility completely uninstall the anti-virus from your computer.
Using Avast Setup Wizard
- Go to Apps and Feature or Control Panel.
- Select the Avast Security and Right Click for options.
- Choose Uninstall and Click on ?yes? from the pop-up dialogue box.
- Click Uninstall from the next Screen.
- Confirm Yes from the Uninstall Dialogue Box.
- Now Click Re-start the computer.
Using Uninstall Utility for Avast
- Download the Avast Uninstall Utility first from the official website.
- Run the avastclear.exe file as administrator.
- Click yes on the popup dialogue box.
- Click again yes on the Avast Antivirus Clear dialogue box.
- Now click Uninstall and wait a bit to complete the process.
- Now Re-Start the computer and it’s done.
Uninstall Utility is the best way to completely remove the Avast from your computer. This Avast utility tool deep cleans the Avast software from your computer. You can uninstall the software manually but, most of the cases it keeps some data on your computer for future use.