Avast vs Malwarebytes
It very rear that you have a PC but you do not use any antivirus on your computer to keep your computer safe from the malware and virus. Like many other anti-viruses, Avast and Malwarebytes are the anti-malware protection software for both windows and mac. Avast is an antivirus software comes with all the available virus and malware protection for both PC and Mobile Phone. Malwarebytes is mainly a solution for malware that harms your computer or laptop. Malware or Viruses can be very harmful to your computer if you do not use any antivirus or anti-malware software for it, sometimes it can be very devastating that you lose everything on your computer. Both Avast and Malwarebytes have some advantages and disadvantages. Both of them are first class anti-virus software you can choose any of them for protecting your PC or Laptop.
The Avast antivirus solution is featured pack antivirus software that can help you keep your data and identity protected on the internet. The different features that you can get access with Avast antivirus solution include gaming mode, browser cleanup, ransomware shield, firewall protection, webcam shield, Secure Line VPN, data shredder, and different smart scanning options. The access to such features might depend upon the package that you buy. Avast offers three different packages that include Internet Security, Premier, and Ultimate. Depending upon your subscription you will get different packages. For instance, the Secure Line VPN is only available for users that haven an Avast Ultimate Package.
Advantages of Avast Antivirus
- Avast Anti-Virus is mostly compatible with almost all the modern operating system platform such as Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. It also comes for Mac OS and Android devices so that every device stay safe from the virus.
- Avast has been awarded for being one of the best antiviruses and the different organization has rated excellent this antivirus after several laboratory tests. It is trusted by much reputed technological companies.
- Avast antivirus has come with various extra features on security with additional customization ability. You can choose from a number of pre-setting to safeguard your devices.
Disadvantages of Avast Antivirus
- When it comes on anti-fishing Avast’s performances isn’t that much great. It requires extra caution for avoiding phishing attacks on your devices.
- Avast’s Password manager features aren’t that much great like other antiviruses. It has some drawback over password management. But using premium can minimize the issue.
- Avast doesn’t tell you when it sharing your data with the company’s server. So, you need to disable that feature if you don’t like sharing your computer data.
Using the Avast component screen, you will be better able to manage all of the features that are provided with your version of the antivirus solution. All of these features are divided into three different sections, Privacy, Security, and Performance. Some of the components in your Avast antivirus may be inactive, as they might not have been installed when you were trying to install the antivirus solution. However, you can enable and disable the component, by clicking ON and OFF next to the component.
On the other hand, Malwarebytes offers features such as the protection of your identity from hackers and intruders. It ensures that all of your documents and financial files are protected with its ransomware protection. It blocks malicious websites and URL that can harm your computer system. It offers protection against viruses and malware and ensures that all of the infected computers are cleaned when installed and run.
Advantages of Malwarebytes
- Malwarebytes easily removes the most advanced malware and spyware from your computer with its most effective scan system.
- It is the number one virus and spyware removal tool which is highly recommended for PC and Laptop for its fast scanning and detecting technology.
- It has advanced heuristics scanning technology which can stop malware before starting or running on your computer devices.
- It is very much easy and user-friendly than other antivirus software. It is designed simple and easily usable for the operator.
Disadvantages of Malwarebytes
- Malwarebytes can’t fix the infected file or software it identifies.
- It usually sends infected files to a separate place rather than deleting or reforming it.
- It cannot detect infected file from the archives. So, individual scanning needed to be run over the archive directory to identify the malware.
Just like Avast antivirus, not all of the components of Malwarebytes antivirus would be active on your system. Thus, you need to make sure which components of the antivirus solution are available with your package and whether or not they are turned ON to offer optimal protection against viruses and malware.
Both of these antivirus solutions do a great job in protecting users from known and unknown malware threats. Thus, you can choose the one that better suits your requirements and budget. In case, if you like to play games on your system, Avast antivirus solution with gaming mode will be a better choice. Thus, look out at your requirements and then select the one that meets all of your specifications.
Both Malwarebytes and Avast antivirus solution performs a decent job when protecting your data and identity on the internet. Malwarebytes offers features such as protection against infected sites, ransomware, and other malware. However, the does create a huge impact on the performance of the computer while running scans in the background. On the other hand, Avast has a more feature-rich offering as compared to Malwarebytes and creates a lesser performance on the system in comparison. Moreover, it comes with features such as gaming mode and file shredder that can be pretty useful for a gamer who does not want to get annoyed with ads and pop-ups. Choosing between these two antivirus sometimes gets hard. Both of them are good at identifying malware and viruses. Depending on the type of work you do with your devices, you can choose what suits you best.